A Beatles-mania: Here, There and Everywhere….  

Posted by: Gwen Stewart in , ,


To live a better life…I need my love to be here…

It’s another night for me as I sit at home and hope that something good will come to me tomorrow—or at the least for me to do something good. But just like all nights, I got my sounds on as I try to get into the groove of filling dear readers of a great review in music. Unfortunately, my attention was grabbed not with the latest but definitely one of the finest.

It first played on my player (my brother must’ve gotten to my laptop again). It was a part of the oldies but the goodies theme; a feel good song that can find a person in “relaxation mode”: It’s the Beatles classic. For the latest music recommend--Here, There, and Everywhere.


Here, there, and Everywhere was composed by Paul McCartney for their 1966 album, Revolver. Records search shows the song was said to be one of McCartney’s favorite song which was noted well in his biography Many Years From Now. Beatles’ producer George Martin also said that the song was actually one of his favorites. The song was also noted to be one of John Lenon’s favorite Beatles’ tune (and the best in that particular album) which he also stated in his 1980 Playboy interview. During 2000, Mojo, a UK based music magazine published by Bauer, had Here, There and Everywhere in its rank 4 of greatest song of all time.


Background check on the song’s sales and record plays shows that there is no doubt that it was really a hit. It’s one of the most moving tunes being presented in such simplicity from the melody to its lush texture of the voices to the arrangement. The lyrics were in a perfect fitting that it did justice plus the feel good move to it.

As I sit and do justice to my work, there is without a doubt that this song is indeed one of the finest though not the latest—thanks to the Beatles.

This entry was posted on 12:52 PM and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment